You wake up next to someone not half bad looking. You notice a tattoo of R2D2 on their arm…its love at first *sober* sight. So how do you ensure such a spark of luck stays around long enough to grab their for real number?
You make this of course! Its quick enough that you can honestly say “I just whipped it together” and be all cool about it…and not look like a psycho clingy stalker. Win-Win.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 cup fresh blue berries (or frozen, whatever)
- Butter, for cooking
- Maple Syrup (for serving…don’t be cheap and use the fake shit)
- Blueberry Syrup If you can find it. I got mine at the local farmers market. OR be a true baller and make your own.
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and granulated sugar. Spread the cream cheese on half of the bread slices and top with blueberries Top with the remaining 6 bread slices and press around the edges to seal.
Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with maple syrup, blueberry syrup, or confectioners’ sugar. OR ALL THREE! (if sugar induced comas are your thing)